Course: How to Write Effective Assessments
Audience: Corporate Training Professionals
Course Length: 45 minutes
Quizzes, tests, exams, knowledge checks, challenges ... by any name, assessments have been the cause of too many “bitten nails” and “chewed pencils”! Indeed, assessments (or “testing” if we are blatant about it) are inevitable, but too often dreaded, part of learning.... not only for the student or participant but for the instructional designers and trainers as well... Yes...there’s plenty of “test anxiety” to go around!
But, that’s about to change... With this how to write effective assessments course... you can develop effective assessments that appropriately measure performance, build confidence all around, and make a positive impact on the business!
- The Value of Assessments —quickly addresses how assessments are used along with an introduction to the three phases of assessment development.
- Planning Your Assessments —the first step in the development process is about gathering the requirements and information you need.
- Writing Your Assessments —the second step, details what works and what doesn’t when it comes to writing assessments.
- Monitoring Your Assessments —the third step briefly reviews how to make sure your assessments stay on target.
- Summary and Challenge —where we will wrap up key points and offer you an opportunity to confirm your knowledge
- Identify how assessments are used.
- Plan the development of assessments.
- Write knowledge-based and performance-based assessments.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain a TrainingFolks Certificate