Course: A Comparison of Learning Theories
Audience: Corporate Training Professionals
Course Length: 45 minutes
How do people learn? It's a natural process, right? Sometimes learning is as easy as breathing, other times as difficult as pulling teeth. The "why" of this is what we'll explore in this course. And we will examine how the insights gained through this comparison of learning theories course can be applied in practice.
- Behaviorism —this theory says you can control and predict behavior, and that the mind doesn't really play a role.
- Cognitivism —a backlash to Behaviorism, it’s all about the mind.
- Constructivism —this theory emphasizes that knowledge is ever-changing and different for every person.
- Social Cognitive Theory —explains how and why we imitate people...says that anything that can be observed can be learned.
- Summary and Assessment —we wrap up and give you a chance to demonstrate your knowledge.
- Contrast key characteristics of four major learning theories.
- Explain the origin of each theory.
- Identify the researchers who were instrumental in its development.
- Provide strengths and weaknesses of each theory.
- Identify types of learning situations that are best suited to each theory.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain a TrainingFolks Certificate