For top corporate training programs wikis were first developed over 15 years ago. Research has shown that organizational, training companies or corporate wikis are sustainable and can be beneficial to organizations particularly in improving work processes, collaboration and knowledge management.
Within the corporate training environment, wikis are proving to be valuable tools for:
- Increasing learner engagement
- Virtual Insturctor Led vILT support
- Project collaboration, information sharing and managing content
- Design collaboration
- Organizing a community around a written project
- Distributed intelligence gathering
- A knowledge base or collaborative extranet
- Fostering information flow within an organization
- Helping distributed teams work together seamlessly and productively
- Eliminating the one-webmaster syndrome of outdated intranet content
The main features of training companies use Wikis are:
- A simple) way to build and manage content
- Support hyperlinks and has simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly
- Accessibility from everywhere without any software installation (just a browser)
- Easy to track and constantly up-to-date
Below is an infographic that illustrates tips to building a successful wiki:
Corporate training wikis could be the answer to increase learner engagement and collaboration in your current learning initiative. They may not be for every organization but most training companies are using them today. You may need to enlist the help of a team of instructional designers or a top instructional design service to implement a successful learning strategy to get your organization off on the right foot.
Read previous Wiki Blog Topic: Training Companies Are you wise to the Wiki
Experiencing change in your organization?