Building a Cost Effective Succession Strategy with Leadership Training
Presenter: Gail McGuire, VP Professional Services
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Details: The Electrical Safety Authority, in partnership with TrainingFolks, developed and established a Senior Leadership Academy (SLA). SLA provides an incentive for Inspectors who are interested in developing their skills to support a well planned, consistent and cost effective succession strategy for leadership positions at ESA.
The Academy provides interested Inspectors with training that prepares them to move into Senior Inspector positions and front line supervision roles, which play a critical role in the successful implementation of ESA’s Harm Reduction Strategy. The SLA provides participants with the skills and full formal mentoring, designed to support these priorities and the organization.
ESA to build and implement a cost effective succession strategy with leadership training.
Outcomes of the session:
- How it was determined what necessary skills were required to support ESA’s priorities and the organization
- Importance of establishing an “Implementation Team”, of members from both partners, to build and support the integrity of the program
- Measures taken to match the skills in the training program to the real world and evolving skills required to drive change in the organization
- How the full mentoring program supports the training program
- How the program has been a cost effective succession strategy that has paid early dividends
- How to use the success in one specific area to ignite and excite the rest of the organization into implementing a similar strategy
For more informtaion, click below!