Ethics training involving your organization's ethics policies is imperative. An effective ethics training program will set out your organization's ethical values, standards, and commitments that form the foundation for the way that your organization conducts business. Find out what activities will support an effective ethics training program. Download our "Ethics Activity Guide" today!
Benefits of an Ethical Workplace:
Benefits of fostering an ethical workplace go beyond simply doing the right thing
• Gives employees a foundation during times of change. In today’s business environment where change is constant and senior management can be a revolving door, attention to business ethics makes people consciously decide how they want to/should behave.
• Cultivates teamwork and productivity. Ongoing discussions about business ethics builds trust, openness and, community—important ingredients of effective teams in the workplace.
• Creates greater consistency in standards and quality of products and services offered by the organization. There will likely be more satisfied customers when they know they can have confidence in the quality of the product/service and how it is offered/delivered. And employee satisfaction will be higher, thus reducing turnover, lawsuits, etc.
Ethics Training Tips:Know that a strong ethics training program can protect your company's reputation and enhance profits. Employees need to understand what's expected of them.
• Include ethical issues in employee orientation and ongoing ethics training.
• Use real-world scenarios/case studies so that employees are clear about what constitutes acceptable business practices (and what doesn’t).
• Ensure every employee knows how to react if he or she is faced with a potential violation of the code or a decision involving an ethical dilemma.
• If employees can’t be certain of confidentiality when reporting a violation or potential violation, they will be less likely to bring attention to any violations and the company culture will remain unchanged.
Decisions individuals make cannot be necessarily managed by external factors; although, if ethical training helps individuals to understand and prepare for the internal factors that might be experienced while dealing with ethical dilemmas, then more individuals will be better prepared to handle the internal impacts that can be experienced while attempting to behave ethically.
Need ethics training? Contact the experts at TrainingFolks today!